Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I used the disreputable My free for a few things.

I used the disreputable 'My free for a few things. Can anyone download my items and claim a valid copyright elsewhere?

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm an Intellectual Property litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.
Kirk Adams : Generally, the first in time is the first in right for copyright claims and protection.
Kirk Adams : Thus, if you registered your copyright first, you should be able to enforce that right against anyone else that comes after.

Out of 32 pieces, maybe 1 or 2 may have been registered late. What do you know about

Kirk Adams : It’s not a scam, but it’s not registered copyright as in “registered with the copyright office”. I don't know a lot about this site, but my research is that it does offer some protection, but the site does not get your registered with the US Copyright Office. Instead, it's a resource for a common law copyright, which is protection - - but on a limited scale and not nationwide.
Kirk Adams : Here's a good article about what the site does:
Kirk Adams : A common law copyright is legitimate and can provide protection for the owner of the intellectual property. However, it will not get your case registered with the federal agency and would not get you national recognition of your rights.
Kirk Adams : Instead, the copyright would generally be protected in your business area.