BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a tech attorney and I represent clients with technology, internet and intellectual property matters
73280834

RA-pc

Customer Question

I am trying to locate a copyright attorney that is licensed in Louisiana and DFW that can assist me with licensing and logo permission from both the NFL and NBA...Thank's ?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  BizIPEsq. replied 3 years ago.

BizIPEsq. :

Hello I will be assisting you.

BizIPEsq. :

Question: Are you asking for a referral to such attorney in LA or are you inquiring whether attorneys on this site can help you with the licensing work?

JACUSTOMER-s7wlgpvq- :

I need an attorney that's in Dallas Fort Worth Texas...but also licensed in Louisiana that can assist me with copyright licensing from both the NFL and NBA ?

BizIPEsq. :

I will put the word out for such an attorney. BTW, in contract negotiations it's doesn't necessarily matter what stthat a lawyer is admitted iin

BizIPEsq. :

typo: doesn't necessarily matter what state the attorney is admitted I

BizIPEsq. :

JACUSTOMER-s7wlgpvq- :

The reason Im asking such a request is because my first product will be with the N.O. Saints but I am located in Texas and it's very difficult to find an attorney in Texas that will assit me with a potential N.O. Saints product ?

BizIPEsq. :

I understand. Typically licensing agreements are not state specific. So even if the team is in LA or TX the products will be distributed nationwide and are subject to Federal trademarks hence any attorney versed in licensing, regardless of state of admission, can handle the matter. As noted I have a colleague in NY who is an IP attorney that actually has done some prior work with NFL players. I can give you his contact info. Otherwise I can put a wider call out to a list of business attorneys but I will probably not know most of them.

JACUSTOMER-s7wlgpvq- :

Ok...I understand clearly but I think it would be hard to find an attorney that practice law only in Tx.,that would assist me with licensing and logo permission for a potential N.O. Saint's product ?

BizIPEsq. :

I agree that's why I would not necessarily seek a Texas or LA attorney for this task, rather an attorney that is familiar with merchandizing / license agreements. You can try my colleague by writing [email protected] I will also send your request to a few lawyer groups that I am a member of.

BizIPEsq. :

In the interim please rate my service. Without your rating I do not get compensated for my work.