BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a tech attorney and I represent clients with technology, internet and intellectual property matters
73280834

Ive created a flipbook business card that I would like to

I've created a flipbook business card that I would like to market to car salesmen, realtors, etc. I was advised to treat the flipbooks (each book will be different) like an actual book when I copyright. I know I cant copyright the idea, but I want to officially copyright each book. I'm about to fill out the online application. My question is...do I enter the flipbook as as a work of visual art or as a literary work?

BizIPEsq. :

Hello, I will be assisting you

BizIPEsq. :

Let me review the question

BizIPEsq. :

according to copyright law a work of visual arts is:

(1) a painting, drawing, print, or sculpture, existing in a single copy, in a limited edition of 200 copies or fewer that are signed and consecutively numbered by the author, or, in the case of a sculpture, in multiple cast, carved, or fabricated sculptures of 200 or fewer that are consecutively numbered by the author and bear the signature or other identifying mark of the author; or

(2) a still photographic image produced for exhibition purposes only, existing in a single copy that is signed by the author, or in a limited edition of 200 copies or fewer that are signed and consecutively numbered by the author.

BizIPEsq. :

a flip book would then not be considered a work of visual art, rather a literary work

Customer:

okay, thx