Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Lawyer
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.

If I am using a quote from a Congresswoman that I found online,

If I am using a quote from a Congresswoman that I found online, do I cite the Congresswoman or the website I found the quote on?

In terms of intellectual property, you don't need to worry about any copyright issues, as quotes from a Congresswoman would not be entitled to any copyright protection. So you don't need to worry about using the quote or how you cite the quote from a legal standpoint.

From a general reference matter, I think it would be best if you cite both the Congresswoman and the website. Thus, you would say something like: Congresswoman states "X" as quoted in "Y website."

I hope this answers your question.