AttorneyTom, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney

Hello. I would like to know if my making cards using software

Hello. I would like to know if my making cards using software graphics to be donated to a community festival with money made going to a community club is violating a copyright law?
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you submitted your question.
If the graphics used belong to the designer or to the community club, that would not constitute copyright infringement because the graphics would belong to those parties. However, if the graphics used belonged to another organization, that organization's permission to use the graphics would generally be necessary. An individual could contact an organization directly to obtain such permission.
The US Copyright Office has published a great article regarding this matter at the following link, and I believe you will find it an interesting read: