Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

Second opinion] I have acquired a 2004 Genie TZ 34-20

Customer Question

Second opinion] I have acquired a 2004 Genie TZ 34-20 Electric Tow Behind Boom Lift and had to go through the ops manual to get back to mfgr setup operation, however, at this point the problem exists with the basket controls. The ground controls all function properly but the basket will only rig down (yellow controls). The blue reset for rigging up and scope adjustments in or out will not reset, hence will not work. Is there some more reset proceedures for the basket to fully function?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: ops I need to get that:
JA: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Serial #: TZ3404-148 Electric Schematic: ES-TZ34 DC VIN: 5D8AA17164R000148
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** see this question has been posted multiple times and you have been provided schematics by another expert. What is the current status of your testing and since this is a request for new opinions can you tell me what is questionable about the other experts opinion and the schematics that were provided to you?

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, Dan, I am unfortunately in the middle of a family situation so I have been unable to apply the troubleshooting path you suggested. Next week will be the first I can get back to the Genie but your suggested path does appear to be logical and probable for identifying the glitch for only half power in the bucket. So the real response is on hold till I get my act together on this end. Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the update. I hope all works out well. Keep me posted. I have not given any suggestions as of yet. I believe you were working with someone else in your other question. Let me know when you are ready and Ill be glad to offer some help.