Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have an 36V electric TCM forklift. FCB20H2 74500162 parts

Customer Question

I have an 36V electric TCM forklift. FCB20H2 74500162 parts unavailable. problem: when I turn on the key and put on forward or reverse the forklift drives automatically (full throttle) I have to apply the brakes to stop. Checked the circuit boards, contactors, fuses potentiometer all working fine. one more thing the 50 AMP breaker when off does the same thing. And when I press the pedal (not the breaks) it stops. what could be the problem?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Industrial Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all. Thanks
Category: Industrial Equipment
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

What kind of controller does the forklift have? Does it have rectifiers? Usually wide open is caused by a bad rectifier, see page 19 in the enclosed manual for checking rectifiers.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Speed Controller Type SCM-3 25 MFG.NO 41001 ISO SH CAPACITOR FB-890 200MicroF 250P.V.W 3x20

Sorry no information on the number listed. Do you know if it has rectifiers?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm not sure
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The link doesn't help me. the controller has been serviced and it's working fine

OK> Cme next week I would venture a phone call to Flight system, and see if they can give you ideas. I will opt out. Have a great day. Sorry I can't help.