Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician
Experience:  ASE Medium/Heavy Duty Technician, Hydraulics, Brakes, Electrical Certified
9290743

I have a item 643264 Yamaha generator that I have adapted to

Customer Question

I have a item 643264 Yamaha generator that I have adapted to run on natural gas. It always ran well onm the natural gas. Now I go to start it up, I smell the gas when I push the button but the electric switch makes not qa sound when I turn it to on. the battery reads 12.7 volts when I test it. is the switch bad. I may have left it on "on" while I was charging the battety. I have not started it up fofrf months..
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Maybe 3 years it is a Yamaha black max 6800-8500 starting waats.it is item #643264 on Yamaha site. it has very few running hours 15-20
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: checked the battery and put ground wire from machine onto gas line in basement. I installed a manual transfer switch in my basement, but it is not hooked up to machine. I am just trying to start it.
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it...question: should I pull switch and connect wires of switch together to see if it will make a noise or start machine?
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I see this sat for several days with no reply.

I don't normally work on these, but I can try to assist you as needed. If you prefer to wait on someone that knows it better, let me know and I will opt out.

In the mean time, I would check with a continuity tester to see that you have a closed connection when the ignition switch is activated. That will certainly let you know if the switch is bad or not.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy