Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

How can I wire the charger from the picture to charge the

Customer Question

How can I wire the charger from the picture to charge the battery on the forklift from the picture? I'm using a portable generator with 240volts as power supply. Pictures of charger, battery, and forklift are attached.I tried connecting the wires using the 240volts guide on the door but I believe that wiring is for three phase. When I turn on the generator all the light come on they just stay lit.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

Well... No. this will not work! Your forklift is an 18 cell, 36 volt battery , the charger you show to have is for a 6 cell, 12 volt battery! Not comparable! You have to have an 18 cell, 36 volts charger.

I see question is still open! After thinking about it, you could use the charger .you would just have to charge six cells at a time, but it would charge the battery! Not ideal but in a pince would get battery voltage up, after charging the three sets of six cells.