Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I am just doing some research on why the Hyster forklift I

Customer Question

Hi! I am just doing some research on why the Hyster forklift I am using will not stay running for more than a few seconds
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Industrial Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Haha sweet! Thank you
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well I have tried charging it for about 30 minutes, and trying again but to the same result. And I will attempt to fix it myself but I confess my knowledge about mechanical issues is lacking
JA: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is it.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 days ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 days ago.

Electric forklift? 36 or 48 volt? A 30 minute charge on a large industrial forklift battery will not charge it.It takes at least an 8 hour charge to bring battery up enough to use forklift. What kind of amperage does the charger show when attached? Do you get rotten egg smell from battery?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 days ago.

I see question is still open, did you charge forklift overnight with the forklift charger? Did it help? Do you have a voltmeter to test battery voltage? What does each cell in the battery show for voltage? Each cell should be 2 volts.