Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

Trouble starting vermeer bc 1800 no power to tach, bc1800

Customer Question

trouble starting vermeer bc 1800 no power to tach
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: bc1800 john deer ill go get the numbers
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: bc1800xl manufactured 05/08. our vermeer dealer has been unable to help. checked oil pressure switch, water temp switch, fuel solenoid, alternator (for tach feed). and all fuses we could find.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No electirc to tach feed, or sensors. one circuit seems to be completely dead, but without schematic can't find it.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

Do you have a voltmeter or test light to test the circuits? With a Deere powered unit, very common for there to be a fusible link near the starter for power to the dash. Look for a looks like a fuse soldered in a wire. With meter or test light, see if i has voltage on both sides, or use a jumper wire to bypass the link.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok
no fusible link that I can find. cable from battery to starter, cable to alt from starter, large red wire tgoing into harness, and large white for start solenoid
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the red wire goes into harness, comes out on top of computer into a circuit breaker, all check good continuity and power to that point.

Typical fusible ink will be in the ground circuit.

Voltage past circuit breaker?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2 fusible links at battery both have continuity

So power wire , which comes off the same post of the starter solenoid as the posiitve battery cable is ok, and has power to the fuses/circuit breaker?

Might try a jumper past the two fusible links!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
affirmative
sure,
no difference

Trace backwards from the dash , using wire colors to see where power is lost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have no idea which wires should have power. Tach lights up, goes thru the test cycle, has readout on the little digital meter. just no power to sensors, and no tach reading when it tries to run for a few seconds, when I jump the fuel soleniod (which also has no power. I have no schematic, or I'd gladly trace the wires.

Sorry, without the Vermeer service manual, no schematic. That's why all you can do is use the wire colors. With no power to the fuel solenoid, which should get power from the key, as soon as key is turned on, or is it routed through oil pressure switch? Check wire color at fuel solenoid and see if you can find it's source.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok

OK>

I see question is still open.?? Did you find problem? Please rate to close.