Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have a yale forklift GLc035vx model. It ran out of propane

Customer Question

I have a yale forklift GLc035vx model. It ran out of propane and now when you turn the key all you get is a beep. No error message
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The industrial equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: check, for tank being hooked correctly, fluid levels battery charge
JA: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

All that as changed, was a new lp bottle? Have you checked the hose and the bottle connection? On the quick coupler on the hose, there should be no gaskets or o'rings. All gasket are in the bottle side. If there are extra gaskets or o'rings on the hose nipple end, the coupler will not make up, and a lack of fuel. The beep may be from lack of fuel pressure from the bottle.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We checked the hoses and stuff. If you disconnect the tank or turn it off you get a no fuel error
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Do you have pressure to the regulator?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Keep in mind this is one of those fancy units that is supposed to tell you what is wrong. Yes we have pressure
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Let me opt out. I am old school. I know how the lp system works, but not the computer! We have to assume you have unit in neutral and all safetys in place. Sorry.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
in neutral
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
any new answers yet?