Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

2012 JLG 600s Elevation cutout is active. What are the

2012 JLG 600s Elevation cutout is active. What are the results of this being active and how do you troubleshoot?

Hi, My name is***** is your serial number and also the fault codes you have logged by number?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
S/#(###) ###-#### The only fault code is for glow plugs open circuit. My primary problem is the engine dies when I press on the foot switch to activate high idle. The fault code for the elevation cutout active went away when I disconnected the elevation switch and closed the circuit manually (connected the black and white wires together bypassing the switch). Made no difference in terms of the engine dying. I have installed a new throttle actuator and also had a deutz dealer send me a test actuator to replace that one. The electrical measurements are within in spec for the throttle actuator. Engine idles at 1400 rpm and with the actuator removed engine runs at the 1400 rpm. Can manually adjust throttle to 2000 rpm with actuator out and engine runs just fine. I think the problem is electrical. Is there a way of determining if the JLG side is commanding the engine off as a result of a parameter like elevation cutout or if the problem is on the deutz side. I have a JLG analyzer but no way to communicate with the deutz side.

Thanks for the update. Click on this link and see manual pages 3-83 to 3-93. The schematics and pinouts are there along with the fault troubleshooting information. Verify there is not an ignition power loss to the controller and verify your powers and grounds when the shutdown occurs. A fault should be thrown for an emergency shutdown. Run through the troubleshooting steps and Let me know