Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

My JLG 3246 scissor lift has issues. It will not go forward

Customer Question

My JLG 3246 scissor lift has issues. It will not go forward or reverse until i'm approximately 6'-8' up in the air. Below this point the wheels will turn but no noise whatsoever, above this point it drives normal. Beyond that it seems like when I'm right at this point or just up beyond it, the brakes are not disengaging quite right. When it is trying to drive it sometimes jolts like the brakes were holding it but then it will break free and move forward. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks
JA: The Industrial Equipment Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: JLG 3246E2
JA: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Serial #(###) ###-####
Category: Industrial Equipment
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
should say "Below this point the wheels will turn but no noise whatsoever when you try to go forward or reverse"
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I see this has sat for awhile. I don't normally work on these, but I can try to assist. Do you still need assistance with this?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy