Matthew Ham
Matthew Ham,
Experience:  INdustrial Equipment Repair at ingram concrete
96172253

I have a SL-A35 scissor lift, the outriggers are down the

Customer Question

I have a SL-A35 scissor lift, the outriggers are down the engine stopped running so i need to know if there is any way to raise them without power so that i can move it?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Model # SL-35
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, Nothing yet because i figured it had some kind of lock out.
JA: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The serial # is(###) ###-####
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Matthew Ham replied 5 months ago.

how are you today

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Good , Thanks

The outrigger solenoid manual overrides can now be used to manually operate the solenoid spools.

To retract an outrigger, the manual override needs to be pulled out, away from the

solenoid body. Operate the hand pump and the outrigger will close.

If the manual override is pushed in toward the solenoid body, operating the hand pump will cause

the outrigger to open/lower.

check this link it will take you to the owners manual for the entire lift. It will give you detail instructions on how to use the safety overrides in the lift, manual pump, and controls http://www.niftylift.com/files/m50402_001.pdf

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That isn't the same lift i have. I have a SL-35 scissor lift.

the lift I made by snorkel? is that correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

sorry about that I pulled up the wrong one I am sorry give me one second I will get that information for you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No problem.

I apologize this is the proper manual you will need I know it says A35 but it is for you lift.

I hope this helps. as for lifts all lifts engine or electrical powered always have an emergency override hand pump to operate the unit manually

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have looked for one before and even looked through that manual and all i can fine is a emergency re-leave valve.

wow they didn't think very far ahead on that design. bleed the pressure off of the unit and push the outriggers up hand. the safeties are for personal recovery I guess they didn't plan for moving equipment until its repaired. I Do not suggest removing hydraulic lines to bleed pressure as you can get hurt very badly. instead you will need to locate the valve block and manually actuate the relivfe valves to bleed down the system pressure

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will that allow it to bypass the safety lockout on the outriggers?

it should. I it doesn't then you will have to bleed it at the cylinders which can be hazardous if you are not careful. if bleeding down the system pressure does not get pressure off the outriggers cylinders than you have a faulty relief system/valve and you will need to bleed it at the cylinder on each of the outriggers. The hydraulics have upwards of 1500 psi on them and that will spray out of the cylinder fittings hard enough to pierce skin and cause some serious problems/injuries. if you are unsure you should fined a tech. trust me I gave that warning to my LPO in the navy he laughed at me and then had to get his hand cut open and drain. he almost lost it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, I will see what happens when i try it tomorrow. Thanks!

no problem hope it helps.
please be sure to rater me sir I need that to get paid :)