Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.

On the gold coast i have a 2011 20kva perkins generator and

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** the gold coast i have a 2011 20kva perkins generator and one of the wires to fuel tank has come loose from the connecting plug have short circuted this issue so fuel light no longer sending false signal but the other error code failure to shut down code is not allowing me to start my generator Im guessing i need to clear this and its count down sequence before i can continue to use it. do you pocess said code and if so how do i install it?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes full tank fuel fine just had full service and been working perfectly the only issue is this loose wire it did come close running out of fuel and it automatic shut down failed and i had to do it manually at that time was unsure why had shut itself down because i hadnt found the loose wire in plug at that time
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well im not a technician or mechanic but if all that is required is to clear this fault code and i can be talked through steps on how to do so then yes!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes do you have code to clear fault code and how to install said code into computer
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
still awaiting a response!!!!
Expert:  Jeremy replied 16 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! I don't normally work on these, but can try and assist where needed. This has sat for several days and I don't like customers not getting help. Do you still need assistance or prefer someone more knowledgeable of this machine?_______________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy