Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have a cat tc30 forklift that I'm not getting any spark

Customer Question

I have a cat tc30 forklift that I'm not getting any spark the coil and cap and rotor was replaced still not getting spark don't know if I have the wires on the coil right I walked into this with the parts off there is three wires and two post one pos and one neg if any one can help it would be great
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

Battery posiitve has to go to the posiitve post of the coil. The negative side of the coil should go to the distributor. With electronic ignition, the distributor may have a second wire that goes to an igniter. Or does this engine have points and condenser? If so, the distributor will only have one wire, which goes to the negative on the coil. The third wire would go on the posiitve side of the coil, so you would have two wires on the positive side of the coil. Or use the link below, to change your ignition over to electronic.

I see question is still open, did you find solution?