Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

Acp50 forklift. Is there manual for changing the fan belt?

Customer Question

acp50 forklift. Is there manual for changing the fan belt? Mine has the hydraulic pump mounted with a spline shaft off the drive pulley. Do we have to disassemble the hydraulic pump.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just exploring options
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I hope their is an easier way than pulling the pump
Category: Industrial Equipment
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I change the fan belt on Allis Chalmers forklift ACP 50 without removing the entire hydraulic pump
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

You either un-mount the pump and slide it off the spline and slip the fan belt in, or you remove the hydraulic lines on the hydraulic pump and slip belt around the pump.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
to answer my own question, yes I need to remove the pump. No there is no easier way and no you do not have a manual for removing the pump and replacing the belt. Can I get paid for that?

The AC forklift manual would not cover it , even if it were available. Best to just remove the mounting bolts of the pump and pry it back far enough to clear the pulley, then slip the new belt in. On a forklift, it is always a squeeze to do anything! That is why forklift service forks charger a fortune to work on them!

I only get paid if you accept and rate in a posiitve manner. otherwise I work for free.

I see question is still open. Did you get the pump replaced?