Jeremy, Technician
Experience:  ASE Medium/Heavy Duty Technician, Hydraulics, Brakes, Electrical Certified

Dear Friends, I am purchasing a Cummins CQC7000 generator,

Customer Question

Dear Friends, I am purchasing a Cummins CQC7000 generator, model 6.5 HGJAE-2145 (3256**) I need to be sure that I can mount it correctly, with enough space underneath it, since it is air cooled, with vents and exhaust on the bottom. I am also purchasing an exhaust pipe extension, so that I can send the exhaust out of the room. I need to know how much to raise it up, and when I do so, how best to secure it to the concrete floor below. Specifically, I need a diagram, with dimensions, of the locations of the holes in the generator frame through which I can insert bolts to secure the generator to the concrete floor. Thanks for your help! Bob *********************

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You wrote that this is a CQC when my info shows the model number to match to a QG.

CLICK HERE for the spec sheet. As you can see, you have it mounted flat on the pad. There are cut outs for the exhaust and other pipng to run.

Best way to mount is to concrete drill 4 anchor bolts, use a 1/4" thick rubber bushing/anti-vibration pad, put the generator onto the mounts, then tighten them to the anchor bolts. This keeps the genterator from vibrating and grounds it as well through the anchor bolts if you chose to drive a grounding rod next to the generator.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Jeremy, I will get back to you again if I need to. (and thanks for catching my typo on the model!)
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

You're welcome.