Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have an altec telescopic boom lift mounted on my van. 2

Customer Question

i have an altec telescopic boom lift mounted on my van. 2 hydraulic pressure hoses are leaking. And my lift would not lower. How do i manually bring down my lift and What's the proper procedure to remove the bad pressure hose
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi Romeo, What is the model of your lift from the ID tag so I know what model you have? The lift has safety lock valves that will lock the boom in place for safety when a hose blows. If it will not move at all now you are safe to change the hoses. If manual control levers and valve you move the levers back and forth to bleed the residual pressure in the lines on good hoses but since these are blown there is no longer pressure in the hose and is safe to remove by unthreading each end of the hose. I recommend still bleeding pressure off.on electric over hydraulic, move the switches for the controls with the power on engine not running. Let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please cancell my trial period
thank you
romeo *****
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi, model number of my lift is AT200AV. Just found out the ribbon hoses inside the boom is leaking fluid and electrical connectors are broken off., My lower controls are working though but not the upper controls probably because the electrical connectors are broken off. Now, are there access to get to the ribbon hoses to remove and replace them? Can i order and buy those ribbon hoses or can i have them made. Can i get instructions how to remove and replace those ribbon hoses?
I cancelled my account but now i want to resume it now that i know what questions to ask and had obtained the infos on my boom.
Please advise
thank you- romeo **********