Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

From St. Johns Lutheran Church Lombard ,IL we have a Genie

Customer Question

My name is***** from St. Johns Lutheran Church Lombard ,IL we have a Genie Lift built 1999 AWPA-255 SER 3899-10164. Unit wont work. I did some tests that prove the battery is charged. the LED's recognize the feet are in the safe operating position. I also tested the switch at the work station to identify 27 volts in and when the switch is moved it completes the voltage to lift or lower. I then opened the ft door of the unit and made sure there was voltage on both sides of the fuse and confirmed its ok. The small red solenoid wire never receives a signal to operate and the switch on the side of the pump never receives voltage either. I did jump across the solenoid to prove the pump works, which it does. only strange thing is there was a small group of jumper wires (similar to what you see on a thermostat) that were laying in the bottom of the control box not attached to anything and appear that they were used at one time. I can see the crimp marks on the copper ends and they are still looped together. hmmm. I need help. any suggestions? Thanks! Rick
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Schematics for lift . link below.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I looked at the specific Genie technical questions this amazing pop up showed up indicating a expert on THIS having technical knowledge would assist me. you have to be kidding me, a wiring diagram for $52.00... what? I already have a wiring diagram and they are available on line. Does Curtis B. have knowledge of this unit and any understanding of it?

I was service manager for Genie Dealer We had a fleet of these unit in rental. With any electricl problem, you have to work backward, You know he red wire is not being energized. I can't trace the wires for you. I don't set the prices for the questions, I just answer as best I an , from home, I'm retired and work when I can. There is nothing to indicate that yu had wiring diagram. So I linked one.