spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.

Nissan propane forklift was working this morning - now it

Customer Question

Nissan propane forklift was working this morning - now it doesn't want to start.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: We checked to see if it was left in forward or reverse - neuteral
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: battery is 100%
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 months ago.

I'm assuming no crank?

Does it click or anything else when trying to start?

Does dash light up when key is first turned on?

would you please provide model number of lift?

How did you check for neutral just that the lever was in correct position?

let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No crank - nothing when key is turned - dash doesn't light up - 35 Nissan Model Variation: MAP1F1A18LV - Moving the lever forward and backward to make sure it was in neutral.

You say battery is 100% but you want to check the cables from battery to frame, to engine and to starter for any looseness or corrosion and repair as needed. Try and turn them use a lot of force

If nothing is coming on it can be a ignition switch, a fuse, power/relay solenoid, fusible link at starter that powers fuse panel.

Check fuses and make sure they are good and have power, if they don't have power with key on look for a burned up fusible link at starter, follow the wire that comes off S terminal at starter back up to the power solenoid click here for images of common relay/solenoids, check with key on you should have power to both big post, if you don't jump two outer post and see if dash lights if it does replace solenoid.

To check for neutral yo need to get to the micro switches that the shifter trip when moving lever, as you move lever one opens and one closes, if they don't agree the computer won't allow starting.

If you would like a phone call let me know that can be arranged

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping..

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
fixed it while waiting for the replies.

What did you find?

I only used enough time to type answer between our post, I only assisted you during that time