Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.

I have an older JLG Model 60G lift. Wisconsin Engine. The

Customer Question

I have an older JLG Model 60G lift. Wisconsin Engine. The engine will not run without full choke, I cleaned the Carb and I know the engine has good fuel flow.
Additionally when I press the pedal in the basket the engine does not reve up like it used to?
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

With engine only running with choke on, it is starving for fuel through the main jet of the carburetor. The choke bypasses the main jet and allows fuel to go direct to the cylinders. You say you have good flow up to the carburetor from the fuel pump? Do you have original mechanical fule pump or add n electric fuel pump? You removed the main jet in the carburetor and ran a wire through all the passages? The engine not reving from upper, is a separate problem, and has to be related t the foot pedal in backet, not opening the solenoid at the carburetor to pull the throttle linkage. Foot switch can have problem, or wires from foot pedal to the solenoid on engine may be broken. Do you have the engine model number?