Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

How to install a 91415083 starter with field kit, just

Customer Question

How to install a 91415083 starter with field kit, just woundrung which wires go where when using field kit
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

The only thing the kit has is an adapter to make the wires longer, for conversion to this starter. The old starter had three wires that included the battery cable from the battery pack, these three wires are spliced into the new harness, and all go to the large starter post. The single white wire is the wire that goes on the switch wire, and is spliced to the old switch wire, and attached to the single switch terminal on the new starter.

you should have 4 wires from old starter, and three go on the large starter terminal. ???

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I didn't see your response Curtis thank you for your help I did not use the splice kit that came with it there was enough Link in my wiring harness that I was able to use existing wires just had to retrofit them to fit over the new positive post on the starter the new gear reduction starter because that post was a little larger then the old post but I made it work without the the pig tail set. It starts like a champ now

Good job! Thanks for the reply.