Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

Every one i am having cummins qsx-15 generator and the issue

Customer Question

hello.....every one
i am having cummins qsx-15 generator and the issue with this generator that its not working properly (over smoking on 50%rate)
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Did you test the injectors to make sure one of them are not bad?

What is the color of the smoke?

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i dont beleve you....sorry
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** see you requested a new professional. The prior expert was asking for more information from you te be able to assist you better. What is the complete model and serial number of the generator and are you getting any fault codes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi ,,,,its cummins qsx15 g-8 and the serial no.is79130519
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the update.What fault codes are you getting? Click on this link for the Manual I uploaded and see PDF page 65 for the fault code procedure. Let me know what you have for codes. The manual also contains the repair and troubleshooting information as well.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi...actually i got it second hand and i dont know what type of diagnostic adaptor or software required....please help
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Click on the troubleshooting link I posted. It is the manual for your generator. PDF file page 65 shows how to get the codes by counting the flashes on the lights. run through that procedure and let me know what you get for codes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi .....thank you for your reply ,,,,,,,,in the link i was unable to find what type of diagnostic tool actually required for code scanning