Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I am having a hard time with a Komatsu forklift. The issue

Customer Question

I am having a hard time with a Komatsu forklift. The issue is that the lift has lost power. I used to be able to lift 1000 lb at idle, and recently it started to act up to where it needs to be revved up somewhat for it to move. I had leak on a tilt cylinder for over a year, to where it was not adjusted. the leak has been repaired since, but I still have no lift power. how could I diagnose a weak pump or control box? I have automotive mechanical knowledge, so I am ok doing some basing diagnostics and repairs. The forklift is a 1989 model with a Datsun engine. Thank you in advance
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Run a pressure test with gage attached to the control valve. Bottom out the tilt cylinder and read the pressure. should be about 2500 psi. Pump is likley weak and if it gets weaker as it warms, that is the common problem.

Did you see my response?