Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I purchased a Yale glc050vx about a year ago . About 2 -3

Customer Question

Hello I purchased a Yale glc050vx about a year ago . About 2 -3 weeks after purchase the mast would go down on either the 1st or 3rd stage . Not sure which is which . But the mast stays up at Sam height as the forks come down. Was curious what. Okie dokie cause this and how difficult and expensive this is to fix
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Triple stage mast? Forks come down before the mast? Rollers in mast not hanging, look at rails for evidence of rollers dragging metal shavings.

One center cylinder and two on the outer rails? Center cylinder has internal valving at the base, inside the tube. Valve may have come apart, held in with snap ring. Cylinder would have to e removed and disassembled to find and repair valve.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ya triple mast , seems to be internal either valve or actuator
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Rollers and inside of mast shows no damage

The center cylinder would be my thought. And it will have to be removed for repair.

Control valve just puts the oil into the first center cylinder, and t circulates from there to the other two cylinders.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How difficult is the repair , I'm pretty mechanical , my business partner is mechanical and we have a buddy that has a machine shop . Is there any way to check to confirm that is the problem. I forgot to mention that this is not a day to day occurrence it is a 5 -10 times a week problem . When it happens lifting mast to full height fixes problem most of the time

Its just a matter of removing the rod from the cylinder tube. And examining the valve in the lower end. Held in with snap ring. Valve may be sticking or spring broken. The two outer cylinders have no valving that I remember!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there somewhere to get a diagram . Manual for repair ? Also where can I purchase parts or are parts only available to dealer authorized

Yale and Hyster dealer will be your only source for the parts. And they will be the only source for manuals, I see few on the internet! I worked for Yale dealer as service manager before retirement .

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks I'll contact our Yale dealer/repair Monday thanks and have a good rest of your weekend

Thank you! Briggs Equipment is dealer in Texas. But Hyster can also help. Same lift!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks only dealer out here in havasu is Arnold machinery , we have used them before to take off trans brake

OK< Thanks, ***** ***** to close and get me credit.

I see question still open. Please rate to close!