Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Changed out a hydraulic pump on a th844c now when I extend

Customer Question

changed out a hydraulic pump on a th844c now when I extend boom all the wayout it will not lift up or retract in without taking all weight off so I have to put forks on the ground then retract any suggestions
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi Cole, my name is***** the system flushed and the valves cleaned out from any metal/debris contamination from the pump failure? If not then the contamination is likely in the control valve and relief valve cartridges. Remove the reliefs and inspect for damaged o rings and metal/debris causing them to stick open. Let me know
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do you know location so I can go straight to them
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
They will be threaded into the control valve. You will see the pressure adjusting screw or caps on top with a jam nut. Remove the assembly without changing the adjustments
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Parts manualClick the link above and go to PDF 98 and 99. the relief is #16Also there are schematics and pressure specs in the manual
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
looked at valves no signs of debri
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
How many functions are having troubles? Are all other functions normal? What are you getting for pressures?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
wont retract in or go up if boom extended full out
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Operators/pressure testing
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Pressure tests are PDF 84 on. Let me know what you get for pressures. We can follow up as needed. I log in in between jobs and as I am able.