Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Our church has bil-jax cat 24 work force lift. New batteries

Customer Question

Our church has bil-jax tom cat 24 work force lift. New batteries full charge. After a few lifts with 200# ***** it begins to slow extension until it only goes up about 1/2 way. Then when man jumps with up button pushed (which he shouldn't do) will lift again about 1', can do this over and over until full extension. Appears something is draining battery fast. Any suggestions? Thanks
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is***** is the complete model and serial number of your lift?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can't get that info until tomorrow, but its the bil-jax CAT 24 Workforce lift.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Click on this link for the manual with schematics and troubleshooting information. Check your limit switches, Relief valves and for signs of fine metal/debris indicating a pump failure occurring. The schematics are in the manual below to help in troubleshooting. Let me know

Troubleshooting

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I had the schematic you sent me and had checked the trouble shooting suggested before I contacted you. In further exam we found the sheave axles were sheared as well as other parts. So, battery was being drawn down because of the drag on parts. Many obsolete. For safety sake we've decided best to get a new one, or a used one that is safe. Us handy guys at church don't want to be responsible for someone getting hurt. The lights we replace as well as the sound electronics are 30' up. Have to see if cost effective to take in for service, if we can find a place locally. Appreciate your suggestions, but no cigar. Place cancel. Thanks, Bob
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Happy Easter

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Happy Easter to you too.