Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Condor RT45 boom lift. Neither acceleration button

Customer Question

I have a Condor RT45 boom lift. Neither acceleration button (ground control or bucket foot pedal) will work. If I jump out the solenoid to the battery, it works fine. What should I check?
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi Jim. My name is***** will be glad to try to help. which solenoid are you referring too? If that solenoid bypassed makes everything function normally, verify signal power to it that energizes the solenoid and if it has signal power but not energizing replace the solenoid. Let me know

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The unit is not at this site. I will check the feed to the solenoid and let you know Saturday or Monday.
Jim
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the update. Let me know

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dan, I checked; there is no power to the solenoid. Also I talked with the operators, they gave me more information of how the unit was acting.
The accelerator button would work some of the time.
When the accelerator button would not operate, they attached a wire to the solenoid/throttle. Once they pulled the solenoid in manually,
the button would hold the throttle back. This did not last.
For a time, if they turned on the key but did not start the lift, the button would engage the solenoid and pull back the throttle. If however they
then started the lift the button would no longer work.
Let me know what you think.
JIm
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

What is the serial number of the lift? I will need to see if I can pull up a schematic for the circuit.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Condor
Model RT48A
Serial #P306-1692
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dan, are you still looking into the possible solution for the Condor lift?
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi Jim, I did some digging and come up with a manual to help. Click on this link.

Manual

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

The schematics are starting on PDF page 91. That should help your guys in their testing. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi Did you get this resolved?