Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Where do I look to find whats wrong with my ts30rt sisor

Customer Question

where do I look to find whats wrong with my ts30rt sisor lift it starts and runs just fine but won't move up or down or drive or turn
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is***** is your serial number?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
don't have it at the moment its 1230 am
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its either a 98 or99 can't remember
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Im on EST time here. sometimes I stay up and help on here. We can post back and forth as needed so you can get that tomorrow and we can follow up further then. I will post some infor tonight that you can run through tomorrow as well

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Click this link

Service/Troubleshooting

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sounds good if nothing else I will give you a call in the morning if I can' figure it out you are one hour ahead of us I believe we are central time
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

I do not need the serial number for yours since its an RT. Only one set of manuals for that. I posted both which gives a lot of the troubleshooting . Click on the two links to open them. We can follow up tomorrow

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
was looking at them and so far not telling me what I need to know. as none of the functions work . I could replace half the machine with what they all want checked or replaced for each function. it has to be something stupid because it worked one second then just quit. fuse , wire, off or broke ???????
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you don't have a copy of a wiring schematic by chance
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the machine has these two manuals with it but they don't tell you crap
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

The last page of the service book is A15 the full schematic

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Prior to that is the Hydraulic schematics.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

PDF page 92 is the electrical

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Maybe the schematics were missing from your paper manuals? You can download and print these for future use

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Here is the parts. This will be useful with the troubleshooting information I will give you.

Parts Manual

First check the hydraulic filter for signs of fine metal/debris indicating a pump or component failure. If clean, check the pump drive coupling between the engine and the pump that it has not failed and still is turning the pump. If OK then we will move further into the electrical and hydraulic system troubleshooting.