Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Yale forklift model#52-2024uf serial#511999 type G

Customer Question

I have a Yale forklift model#52-2024uf serial#511999 type G power u123 . would like to know what motor it has, I need 4 intake pushrods and headgasket. having hard timefinding Info on it. Thank You,Henry
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Do you have pictur of engine? How is valve cover and spark plugs? Spark plugs through valve cover? Or regualar valve cover? With it needing pushrods, I assume it is not a flat head!

Most old Yales had Mazda engines, but some has the Peugeot.

Some even had GM engines.

Check out these Mazdas.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The spark plugs are not in the valve cover. It has overhead valves in the head. Lifters look to be international. Can't find serial # ***** the block. Head has no numbers. Head has had work done to it prior to me purchasing it. It also has had 2 exhaust valves replaced. #JDT163. It has approx. 3.155 engine bore. Head gasket #AT133T. Apparently it is a victor head gasket. Water ports on left side of the head go to the radiator. Even with all this information, I am unable to determine what motor is has.

Pictures?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what is your email address?

Use the paperclip link above the typing bar to attach.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the pictures are on my phone. would be easier to email them to you. unable to download to computer and attach.

C135 IH.???

Old Yale G52's used the IH 123. The same parts fit, 113/123/135/

With yours numbers, I think the C123 is your engine.

Does that look like it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I attached 4 pictures

Lok at the links I sent. IH C123 engine. ???

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The 1st link you sent with all the pictures, the gaskets won't line up with our head gaskets. The 2nd link didn't show a motor. Did you get our pictures?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you know where the serial # ***** be located on the block, we are unable to locate.

It is IH engine, and the C123 is what shows to be in the old Yale G52 forklifts.

From what I referenced, it looked like head gasket would work.??

No, I do not know where number would be on block.

I did get pictures of your head.

Pushrods

Head gasket.?

Look right ? Please accept to close.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I apologize - I had not attached the head gasket picture before and I also found a serial # ***** the alternator by the fan. It's 515C.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It was stamped on the side of the block behind the alternator.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The head gasket you showed will not work.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please reply

I see no solution for gasket. Everything I find says IH engine, but none of the Ih gaskets show what you have. Yale shows engine to be the C123/u123/c135/140. All us same gasket. No record of the AT133T gasket.

I will opt out and see if anyone else has an idea. Sorry.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Dan. I can check on this during the day by your serial number tomorrow if that works for you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks. ***** pass on all the information we had discussed so far? That will work for tomorrow.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Yes can see the history here. Since your serial number has no letters in it for a date code it means it is pre 1957 vintage. This makes it tougher to get parts for and identify them outside the dealer who also will have to dig deep into the archives for info. There should be some numbers or something on the side of the block maybe under some of the buildup you may be able to find with a scraper or wire brush. I will have to get my vendor involved in this one.

Since Hyster and Yale are both manufactured by NACCO, many tools used to identify trucks are similar with both brands. Hyster Company began their truck lettering system much earlier than Yale Materials-Handling. In 1957 is when the first manufacturing year letters appeared in the serial numbers of Hyster trucks. The Hyster lettering system also uses the last letter to calculate the year and is as follows: A (1957), B(1958), C(1959)…X (1977), Y(1978) Z (1980) *skipping the letters “I, O, and Q”. This process repeats beginning with A (1980) until Z (2002), currently in 2013 Hyster is manufacturing trucks with “L” as the last digit in the serial number. Again, if your Hyster forklift was manufactured before 1957 it would be best to contact your local Hyster dealer.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, They are short handed today so they said it may take some time for an answer but said it should be by the end of the day hopefully

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Dan, the serial #515 c I found on block behind alt
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, Still waiting for answers.So far what I have been told is Hyster/Yale does not support this model anymore and a lot of the parts are discontinued/non production. Most of this information is in paper manuals and even if located the part numbers may or may not be good numbers anymore. If that is the case you might be either matching up the valves by specs or finding some salvage that are machinable.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I got no new news on this beyond my last post. I wanted to follow up with you.