Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have a CAT generator unit 3500/ SR-B4 that will not start.

Customer Question

I have a CAT generator unit 3500/ SR-B4 that will not start. there is a service code 0248.02 and 030. I have tried to reset the system but nothing works. What would you recommend?
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I ran the unit yesterday for about 15 minutes and it ran fine. When I shut it off the controller starting flashing the stop, low oil pressure, and E-stop lights. it showed RPM with service code 0. the lights continue to flash and it will not start. Is there a comm failure with the ECM, and if so, what should I check? thank you!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 1 year ago.

Do you know the serial number for this generator?