Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a JLG 450A Series II duel fuel (propane and gas) that

Customer Question

I have a JLG 450A Series II duel fuel (propane and gas) that would run for a while and stall. It would start right up, run a bit then stall. I was going up a fairly steep driveway and it finally stalled and would not start. It will crank over but not fire. Any suggestions?
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi David, My name is***** is the serial number of your lift?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dan,
The serial # *****(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the info. First lets start with the basics.... Check for spark while cranking over.... If ok we need to confirm fuel and air.... Check if it is getting gas to the throttle body/carb. Let me know.... I will pull up the manual for your serial number as well in the meantime

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dan,
The machine is getting fuel butnot getting spark, It is brutally cold out, so i didnt spend alot of time checking but sprayed a bit of ether into the air intake and it did not even try to fire. Right now it is sitting on a steep hill, is it possible that the low oil pressure sensor went bad? Just throwing that out there.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi David. It is a possibility that the angle it is sitting on is creating a problem with a sensor or a possible faulty sensor itself. Click on this link for your troubleshooting info and test procedures.

Troubleshooting

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Also, Here is the operation manual. Let me know if you have more questions

Operation

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, did you get this resolved?