Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

1996 nissan 30 propane forklift wont shift into foward

Customer Question

1996 nissan 30 propane forklift wont shift into foward gear.reverse works good.when i shift into neutral,it stays in reverse.when i shift into forward it is in neutral.also when i put it in neutral to start the motor it will start but the trans. is still in reverse.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi Ramie, my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the transmission oil condition for discoloration, burnt smell, metal/debris contamination, etc that would indicate an internal failure occurring. Check and verify the linkage is fully engaging in both directions and repair any loose, worn, damaged linkage. Let me know the results. The next step you may have to have the transmission pressures tested if all else checks ok to help isolate the problem further.

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?