Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I'm ***** ***** and looking help on a Cummins Engine on a

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm ***** ***** and looking for some help on a Cummins Engine on a Standby generator.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have ECU DTC warning Check engine and Cal fault with codes 2797,13,1
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Medium and Heavy Trucks Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yup np
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is***** am not sure how much info I will have on your standby generator but let me know the make and model of generator and the engine model info and I will be glad to try to help. If I can not I will try to connect your to someone who can.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The generator is a Cummins qsg Diesel engine coupled to a 400kw alternator. The generator control panel is a Deep Sea 7320 and uses the CAN bus to talk to the ECU.