Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

My 45' genie boom (dutz diesel) starts up and runs 4 to 5

Customer Question

My 45' genie boom (dutz diesel) starts up and runs for about 4 to 5 seconds and shuts down every time what can cause this?
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Is alternator working? If alternator is bad, the engine will start and as soon as the system check goes through it's check, it shuts off the engine. Oil pressure switch will do the same.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The oil pressure is right and the alternator is charging ... It finally started up after we let it set still for 3 hours and the weather warmed up to 65• what else could it be?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 months ago.

Been out of town. Is the Deutz fuel shutoff solenoid loosing voltage ad killing engine? If it is, it has to be a safety switch, oil, water, alternator, etc, that is killing the unit.