Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have a 2010 volvo d13 engine and is smking blue i have a

Customer Question

Hi my name is Ivan!I have a 2010 volvo d13 engine and is smking blue i have a code wich is fuel feed pressure.I did change the engine harness and one injector all other falts disapeer and i have now only fuel feed pressure and the cranck case presure still
smokes blue!
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** what is the code, and what do you mean by the crankcase pressure still smokes blue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its cranck case presure faut.But the main problem is that the trucks smokes blue!

Well possible the fault is actually a god reading. If you pull the oil fill cap off is there excessive pressure coming out while running at 1000 rpm

Is your oil level going down? HAve you inspected the turbo for oil leakage into the intake?

Pull the intake hose from turbo and verify side and end play on turbine then inspect intake for excessive oil. should be dry

I have seen the sensors go bad and really just an r/r is the only way to resolve without the schematics an breakout box along with tech tool to read out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok.the code for fuel feed pressure is MID128 PID94 FMI3!
And im guesing thats the problem is related to this code!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But is it would be the turbo it would smoke dark black,but now its smoking white blue like unburned fuel!

Hi and thanks for the info. White will be fuel or antifreeze, black is lack of air or dirty injectors. Blue is oil being burnt off, but can be mistaken for white which is back to fuel. Its possible you have another injector bad and if it is just dumping into the combustion chamber it may be the cause of low fuel pressure thus the code. I assume you changed the fuel filters and have good quality fuel. Why did you change just the one? Was there and error code?

It can be hard to pick up but does the truck have a slight skip? What is the power like? Does it respond to full acceleration quickly or ramp up slowly?

I am going to be hitting the road and I will be back on in a couple of hours. Did this issue just develop or something thats been getting worse?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was showing at the begining injector number 6 wich i did chenge and also the engine harness!And what i observed that the old injector had a lot of black slack on it, i removed the forth injector to,to se the difference,fourth was clean!The engine has a vibration is runnig no so smooth.I thought about the fuel pump,but what i did when eas running i was pumping on manual pump it didn't make any difference.

Hi and thanks for that info, Well from what I've see that black sludge is caused by the injectors not sealing properly on the cups and or a loose torque setting on the clamping force allowing combustion gases to come around the rail seals and into the fuel rail causing issues. You Might want to remove all the injectors and check the seals. You could also have the injectors checked but it take a little while to get them back. Depending on the hours i will normally do the injectors as a set and then when replacing them you need to enter the trim code into the engine ecu. DO you have that ability? I believe on the d13 they are also recommending changing the cups when doing the injectors and you will need some special tools to do so. The hand pump cannot supply enough fuel pressure to overcome the fuel pump cavitation. You should take a fuel pressure reading to know whats going on with the system. Look to see about 50-70 psi