Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

We have a FG25HT-12 s/n 504210A This unit will tilt and lift

Customer Question

We have a FG25HT-12 s/n 504210A
This unit will tilt and lift at the same time when only pulling the lift handle and the tilt handle will make it lift. Mechanic is telling me that there is a crack in the middle of the control valve. Before I spend thousands on a control valve, I believe that there is a problem with perhaps the check valve or relief valve in the control valve.
What say you?
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Check valve or relief valve would not do this. It would have to be leaking between the two valve sections. You may need a new valve, but before buying, I would remove it and look for loose plug or broken seal between valve sections.