Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have a 2006 Genie GS-3268 RT scissor. The platform does

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Genie GS-3268 RT scissor. The platform does not seem to be raising properly. If you stop raising and then try to go again, it will barely go up. I notice that if I shut down the machine and restart, it will raise again. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Same operation from lower or upper control? Does the platform hold position and does not leak down? Is the emergency lowering cable/valve working and is not leaking? Is it worse at the start from the bottom or it doesn't matter if start, or halfway up?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

It takes more pressure to start from bottom , than at any other position. The raise valve may not begetting full voltage to open, or the raise valve may be bad. Use voltmeter to test for full battery voltage at the solenoid. I assume the battery is good and is capable of starting the engine without having to jump? And charging system is working?