Machinery Mark
Machinery Mark, Machine Tool Consultant
Experience:  Metalworking Machinery appraiser with knowledge of auctions, buying, and selling used machine tools
22453544

Im looking cnc machine to cut, metal and possibly glass. I'm

Customer Question

Im looking for a cnc machine to cut wood, metal and possibly glass. I'm a total newbie when it comes to this. I'd like some education on this.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Machinery Mark replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm a used machinery dealer. I'll try to help you in your quest. What exactly do you wan to do and with what materials are you using? What is your experience with cnc machinery and do you know what machine you are looking for?

Mark

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mark I'm a complete novice to the world of cnc machines. What I'm looking to do is find a machine which will allow me to carve wood and make art work out of thin to mid size aluminum and possibly carve art work out of glass as well.

Let me look in my files, but I believe to machine aluminum, you'll need a high speed spindle around 7500-10,000 rpm max. to get a fine finish. for wood I think you'll need the same. bed size & machining area are critical. What is the maximum cube area size you intend to machine? If you're considering many operations on the part, you have an option of a multiple tool changer. Like I said, I'll look in my files and talk to some reputable dealers who can give you quotations on new & used. Be mindful that you may need some programming software to engineer your part before loading it into the machine. We can discuss that later.

Mark

To machine glass, you need hi-speed also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mark which machine would you recommend for my needs?