spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

Toyota 7fgu25 wont crank - good battery, good continuity

Customer Question

Toyota 7fgu25 wont crank - good battery, good continuity from battery to start relay. Ground on start relay goes to another relay that is not on the print??
What is the relay after the start relay? How does that relay get power? Once I have ground, it starts and runs great
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

The starter relay gets it's ground from the gear selector relay.

Look around gear selector there will be at least two micro switches,,in order for it to start both need to agree,,in order to shift forward one will close and one will open,,the opposite is true for reverse.So the starter relay gets its ground from gear shift relay.

Most times the little springs inside micro switches get weak and don't go back open or closed.

Make sure to look at how they are wired,, N/O,, or NC,, before replacing,,, as they can be wired either way.

I replace both at the same time.

Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time from the web site.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
Thanks
spanky

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Click here for pictures of all the different switches.

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

You can test them with a ohm meter

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Would you please rate positively or accept my answer,,, if you don't the website does not share the fee you paid with me for assisting you.

Thank you