Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

Thank you in advance help and guidance! I have a walk behind

Customer Question

Hi there – Thank you in advance for your help and guidance!
I have a Clark walk behind electric 24 volt forklift model ST30B serial ST***-**-****FA. The forklift has developed a problem lifting a load, it only lifts a non heavy load less than half way. Everything else works. We checked the fluid (had it changed), fluid screen and the breather. The motor seems strong. We had the unit pressure tested and it resulted in a 500 PSI reading. We also changed the coupler between the motor and the pump. We believe it may be the Barnes hydraulic pump (model(###) ###-####. If it is a pump problem I would like to change the pump and the motor, could you recommend a suitable aftermarket replacement for both that will be able to match my hose/terminal connections and is strong enough for the lift. Finding affordable new original parts is practically impossible. Your help is much appreciated and please let me know if you have any questions. I also have pics and a parts diagram of my pump..
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Pump pressure has to be 1800 psi! Most likely the pump is bad!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I would only replace the pump. Have you tried Clark dealer for parts source?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://www.ebay.tv/sch/Business-Industrial-/12576/i.html?_sop=21&_nkw=barnes+hydraulic+pump&_frs=1

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.. Ive contacted a bunch of dealers have gotten some conflicting info however since the unit is old the part numbers arent matching and they are trying to sell me a used pump. Would it make sense to replace everything, funny thing is the price would be the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Picture of motor and pump is upside down.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I would only replace the pump. Any pump with same mounting and rotation will do the job.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

EPW sells scissor lift pumps and motors, looks like yours would be same as a Genie scissor lift. Give them a call.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

https://www.epwparts.com/