spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

WE HAVE A HYSTER N45ZR WE PURCHASED USED WE NEED TO GET INTO

Customer Question

WE HAVE A HYSTER N45ZR
WE PURCHASED USED
WE NEED TO GET INTO THE DIAGNOSITCS TO CHECK THE CHARGE RATE
BUT WE DO NOT HAVE THE PASSWORD ***** WE WERE NOT THE ORIGINAL OWNER
ANY
IDEAS OF HOW TO RESET OR ENTER INTO THE DIAGNOSTICS
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

In order to change passwords you need the dealer passwords unless you can guess the old customer passwords.

I'll give you some tips at getting it to go through,, it's worth a shot instead of paying Dealer to come out.

Not always do they install customer passwords,, it comes from the factory with anyone of the following passwords,

all zeros

all 1's then go through up to 9 so try them all

Next we used to use the last part of truck serial number for customer passwords, so whatever tech went out to fix the truck would be able to guess them or use serial number.

Now if you know what dealer used to do the work on the lift truck (they always install stickers on truck or paperwork under cover)

use just the initials of the company,,then initials with a 1,,2,,ect.

So if the name of repair place was mikes lift truck repair use passwords MLTR,,MLTR1,,,ect

We used initials 1 for customer passwords,, and initials 2 for dealer passwords.

If you can't get it the only other way to get this done without the Dealer is install a new personality module,,it's just a control board,,if you do end up doing it this way don't pull board until you get new one,,then with battery removed change it,,note do not turn on key with board unplugged.

The only other option is have a Dealer tech come out and hook up laptop to change parameters which usually runs around $250 depending on how far they have to drive and what their labor rate is.

Hope this helps.

Please make sure you either rate or accept my answer or I get nothing for my time.
Rating will not close out your question,,, it just assures I get credit from the web site.

Thanks

spanky

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Would you please rate positively or accept my answer,,, if you don't the website does not share the fee you paid with me for assisting you.

Thank you