Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

Have a model 1 T 40 serial 1 T 355 52 4148 needing to get

Customer Question

Have a model 1 T 40 B serial 1 T ###-##-#### ***** to get the ram re sealed looking for advice on removing it thank you
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://service.clarkmhc.com/Serv_Manuals/

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OH366

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Depends on the mast. Single stage ot multiple stage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
multiple stage has stages out top and bottom
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Triple stage. You can reseal the upper stages without removing the cylinder. Did you see the service manual index?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to have the bottom resealed that's why im asking how to remove the mast from the truck !!!! no what service manual ?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
See manual OH366, in the index above, and the cylinder can be removed without removing the mast.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
spent hour and half reading this manual read oh366 group 34 section1 couple times talks about everything except removing the ram am I missing something ?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Triple stage ram has single hydraulic hose on it. And sits in the lower saddle of the mast. It has three section ring at the top of the mast that retains it. The fork carriage has to be removed, by removing the lift chains from it, Held with pins a t both ends.Remove chains, raise mast and carriage will stay and can then be moved forward to get out of the way. Then the mast inner sections have to be blocked so they will not move. Then remove the upper retainers on the cylinder at top of mast. Remove the hydraulic hose from the bottom. That should free up the mast cylinder and can be hoisted out of the mast. I'm sure I missed a few minor details, but essentially , that is all that is required. See section 34 in the manual. The last section!