Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I asked a question about a genie Z45 man lift on June 28th

Customer Question

I asked a question about a genie Z45 man lift on June 28th and have not received any correspondence as of today.
I have a Genie Z45 Articulated man lift. It is a*****unit with oscillating axles. I parked it on an uneven surface and it sit there for several days. I tried to use it and one of the drive wheels is off the ground and it doesn't level itself.
I noticed it said to park it on level ground when parking it. After parking it on level ground, I notice it is leaning to one side. Any ideas?
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http:[email protected][email protected]/documents/web_content/ucm03_034198.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Curtis, Thanks for the Tech information. I do not have any pressure on the cylinders and am trying to find the oscillate valve. Can you tell me where it is?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Mounted on the main frame, where the cylinder hoses come from!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found the manual valve and it appeared to be stuck as I had to work with it to get it unstuck. However, after moving it up and down the steering wheels raised and lowered appropriately. Could I have a stuck valve from being sitting around? The rod moved more freely after I cycled it a few times. Do they tend to stick after prolonged idleness? Tks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Lack of use will let them seize !