spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

I have a problem with a Telsta a28c bucket. The upper controls /

Customer Question

I have a problem with a Telsta a28c bucket. The upper controls For up/down, sideways,and in and out are not working. The bucket tilt does work. There is 12v on the middle lug of the switches that are not working. The wires on the sides of the switch don't have battery or ground. The switch that works the tilt has a ground on the 2 side lugs on the switch. The lower controls all work. Could the safety shut off switch on the upper control panel cause this?
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.

Sorry about long delay.

I doubt the issue is with safety shut off since that should stop all functions.

Anytime I have issues like this I test cable from ground unit to bucket,,over time the constant flexing causes breaks in wiring.

Mark all wires from base cable connections and remove,,then same up in bucket,,,take pictures if wires are color coded to terminal blocks.
Ohm each wire lead from top to bottom,,all readings should be under 2 ohms,,if above or open cable is bad.
Sometimes there are extra wires in cable that can be swapped out if the cable was replaced previously,,if not when you install a new cable I like to add a cable that has extra wires so you can do this if it ever happens again.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see,
smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same
A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took
to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me
know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks
spanky
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a little odd that the 3 switches stopped working at the same time in the upper controls. On the switch that is still working (stow/un stow) on the switch there is 12v on the center lug and the side ones both have ground. On the 3 that stopped working ( up/down, right/left, and in/out) I have 12v on center lug but nothing on the side lugs. If the should also have ground, then that would mean that 6 wires all broke at the same time. Not that it could not happen but seems odd. Could there be a connection somewhere that could have came apart? Should the wires on the side lugs of the switches have a ground on them like the stow/ un stow switch does?