Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have a hyster with propane. Starts..runs smooth..but won't

Customer Question

I have a hyster with propane. Starts..runs smooth..but won't speed up.. worked when it came in the shop. Put a new gas line on. New wires. New exhaust. We put new kits in the two propane canisters on the top side of engine. But still won't speed up. The throttle is on the rev/for pedal. Where do I turn next?
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Impco fuel system? Start at the tank connection . The hose on the forklift has female connection with a smooth inner core, this core should have NO gaskets or o'rings. All gaskets are in the bottle. If there is gasket or o'ring on the inner core of the connection, the hose will not fully make up and engine will only get enough fuel to idle. Also a tank with little fuel can do it . Next would be to check the regulator, does the small spring loaded valve in the center of the cover have any resistance when pushed? If not, it is not getting enough fuel from the lockoff valve.