Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My outriggers won't go up. Just a constant steady beep

Customer Question

Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Make and model? Electric or engine powered? I may not be able to help but maybe we can find the right person.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JLG , T500J , electric
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir, can you help us?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Curtis!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Is battery charge full? Do you get anything but the beep? Constant beep is usually low voltage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has a full charge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bucket are only goes left and right not up and down and the constant beep
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
This model should have a display that gives trouble codes, are you getting any codes? Do you have a voltmeter to see that the battery voltage is getting to the pump motor solenoid? Is the unit level, or has it moved overnight! When was it last used?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was used on Monday. No codes just the yield light is on. No trouble codes. I have voltage testers but they will not show low voltage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing so far Curt
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Will out riggers go down? You say they wont go up. Is unit out of level? No trouble codes on the display? Have you opened the control panel and looked for water? Has it been rained on? You have disconnected battery pack and reattached to let it reset?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they won't move at all up or down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's on level ground
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Does the level indicator show level?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The plates on the outriggers are about 6 inches from the ground. They won't go up and they won't go down. There are no trouble codes on this machine. Just a triangular yield logo that blinks twice then stops but sends out a continuous beep. It's on somewhat level ground. Wanna picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call us?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Have you been using it in this location? Do you have the operators manual? Unit is not going to operate with out riggers down and unit not level. Are you trying it with the platform leveling override held?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the platform over ride? We have been using it in this location
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't as of yet locate my owner's manual. Haven't needed it until now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's right it won't work unless the outriggers are down and the unit is level
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Override is a toggle on the lower control, will have a lock symbol with lock pen, move to right to unlock and then work the outrigger control. JLG has online manuals. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------https://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManuals/Browse.aspx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we have been using the
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have tried everything that you mentioned
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please! Give me something that we haven't tried.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to say this, but you've been no help
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. Did you download the manual? I will opt out. Maybe someone else will reply.
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for stopping by:Different expert here.The tone and 2 blink flash code is the machine telling you it is sensing something is wrong when you attempt to operate it.The 2 blink "Abnormal" code can indicate many things....If outriggers wont stow - the issue is that the basket arm is not fully retracted. If it is against the positive stops, the limit switch is likely damaged/failed.Thats the first to check. If you are ALSO getting the TILT alarm going off, there is something else awry. Some other limit has not been tripped, or is failed - preventing the unit from being properly operated.... see the chart I have attached for all checks to be performed. Holding the override switch to the non-detented side (right) should bypass all the limits and allow the unit to be operated temporarily. It should have a little lock by the switch... just to the right of the platform/ground switch at the ground control panel. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No help! Outriggers will not go up or all the way down so it levels. And after we turn the key we get one short beep and then one long continuous beep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bucket will tilt. The boom arm will only make noise when we try and take it in, but nothing when we try to move it out. The bucket will also swing left and right.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again, the outriggers will do nothing
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the complete model and serial number of your lift so I can be sure to refer to the correct manual and give you the proper testing and troubleshooting info?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have that info in front of me currently, but I downloaded the 250 page booklet and a local guy is now studying it and he works on JLG products daily. So thanks for your interest
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update. Let me know if you need my assistance.