Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 2007 g9 jpg zoom boom. 2 years ago when I bought it

Customer Question

I have a 2007 g9 jpg zoom boom. 2 years ago when I bought it it would hardly have enough powertohandle forth gear. It's getting worse. Now it hardly handles third gear. It has lots of hydraulic power as far as lifting. When I steer left ir right it seems to take lots of power out of the engin. If it's soft at allot will hardly move. I replaced injectors and changed all oils and filters. Would this be the transmission?
Category: Industrial Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** see you have been waiting for some time for someone who can help you with this. I will be glad to help. First check inside the transmission filter and hydraulic filters to see if there is any metal/debris that would indicate an internal problem with the transmission or the pump. If clean I recommend testing your system pressures to see if they are within specs. Also look for discoloration of the oil and for burnt smell. click below for the link to the service book to help with your testing and pressure specs.Let me know if you need more help
Manual in PDF
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey Dan

No I have not managed to get the issue resolved as I have not had a chance to check the fluids for filings. As soon as I do I will be sure to rate your reply.

Thanks

Brycen

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brycen, Thanks for the update. Pleasure to help